TurkPrime needs your permission to access your MTurk account and to take control over your HITs. This includes being able to launch, stop, and make changes to your HITs. This is accomplished by associating your TurkPrime account with your MTurk account.
To set this up, please closely follow step 3 of the instructions below. I would start from the beginning of the instructions just to make sure you are hitting the correct landing page.
- Go to Amazon Mechanical Turk Developer page and follow the instuctions (Step 1-Step 3) to link your MTurk account with an AWS account (Step 4 may be omitted).
- After successfully linking your AWS account to your MTurk account, create an IAM (Identity and Access Management) user to access the MTurk API. (MTurk documentation)
- Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home#/users and sign in using the same username and password as you used for MTurk
- Choose Add user
- By User name, fill out a username. Select Add another user to add multiple users.
- By Access type, select Programmatic access
- Select Next: Permissions
- Set up MTurk permissions for IAM user (More at Overview of IAM Policies)
- Select Attach existing policies directly
- Check off AmazonMechanicalTurkFullAccess. (You can use the search bar to find it)
- Select Next: Review
- On this page, review your information, and select Create user
- On this page, save your credentials:
- Choose Download .csv
- Your browser automatically downloads the private key file (credentials.csv). Save the private key file in a safe place.
Important : This is the only chance for you to save the private key file. You will need these credentials to use the Amazon Mechanical Turk API.
- Choose Show to view your Secret Access Key.
- Copy the values for your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key into the form on the bottom of this page.
If this doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of your current IAM permissions page. Specifically, if you go into My Account-->Security Credentials-->Users you should be able to check permissions there (or try this link. It should be under your account name on the top right). This will be helpful in diagnosing the issue.