In order to complete a Video HIT, you must allow your browser to access your webcam and microphone. The HIT itself should prompt you to grant the browser these permissions. However, depending on your individual browser configurations, the prompt and permissions may be blocked. This guide will help you enable the webcam and microphone on your browser. After completing the steps outlined below, click ‘Recheck System’ on the Video HIT to ensure that you can successfully proceed with the HIT. For any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IE does not support Video HITs. To take a Video HIT, please reopen the HIT in Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
1. Open a new browser page in Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More (three vertical dots).
3. Choose Settings from the menu.
4. At the bottom, click Advanced.
5. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
6. Click Camera or Microphone.
7. Turn Ask before accessing on.
8. Verify that TurkPrime is not listed in your list of “Blocked” sites. If it is, click the delete icon.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the microphone.
10. Now, reload the HIT page and click ‘Recheck System.’ You should be prompted to grant permission. Choose ‘yes’ to allow the page to access your camera and microphone.
1. Load the HIT page in your Firefox browser. Right click anywhere on the page and select ‘View Page Info’ from the menu.
2. Click on ‘Permissions’ from the top menu.
3. Scroll down to ‘Use the Camera’ and ‘Use the Microphone’.
4. ‘Uncheck’ the ‘Use Default’ box for Camera and Microphone. Select the ‘Allow’ radio button.
5. On the HIT page, click ‘Recheck System.’ You should successfully advance to the HIT.
1. In a new browser page, type opera://settings
2. On the left side menu, choose Websites.
3. Scroll down to the Microphone and Camera sections. Ensure that ‘Ask me when…’ is selected for Microphone and Camera.
4. Reload the HIT page and press ‘Recheck Settings.’ You should be prompted to grant permission. Choose ‘yes’ to allow the page to access your camera and microphone. You should successfully progress to the HIT.